Monday, April 14, 2008

General thoughts on leveling balance in HP

I originally was feral (aren't we all?:) ) and leveling was fast. Real fast. And it only ramped up when you got mangle.

I specced boomkin once when I was around 45 or so, with no spelldamage gear and limited spirit, and it was literally the OOMkin. I ran through mana so fast I could barely see any blue left with two mobs half dead.

Not so anymore. I must say that once you reach outlands and spend an hour or two getting quest rewards (and 75 g in the AH didn't hurt either) and all of a sudden I am rocking 250 spelldamage and a ton of int and spirit, and I can now grind about 10 mobs without drinking.

Now, I am not saying feral is faster, as I think it is by just a tad. But I'll tell you what, seeing a 2k starfire crit is worth it.

That, and it is quite nice to be able to pick up all of the ground clutter objects without shifting back to caster.

2 comments:

Terroxian said...

Hello fellow druid!

I'm one of those crazy people who didn't know much and used the boomkin as my main from 0 to 70. I must admit, it was frustrating to say the least from 20-50 but started to get much better thereafter. I totally agree about TBC gear though. Wait till you see the 3K crits closer to 70. 0.o

Ursine said...

I can't wait. Heck, I just want 62 so I can wear my new Deathblow gogs. That ought to jump mine over 2100.